Klingon Battle Cruiser Update

I've made progress on the Polar Lights Klingon Battle Cruiser in 1/350th Scale. Much time has been spent on the Arduino Lighting Code and that is nearing completion. I've also been putting together a PCB Board Design to house the ATMega328 and ATTiny85 Chips that I will likely end up using.

The Kit comes with a Clear Piece that simulates the Torpedo Tube and Lighting Special Effects. But I felt this was more of a beginner level part. I've modified the Kit Part to extend inwards so that it houses two LEDs, one for the ring emitters, and the other for the central firing mechanism. I used the Paragrafix Shuttle Bay kit which comes with a mask for the Photon Tube Detail to fabricate a thicker holder for the emitter and firing led.

You Can See here the three Pieces to my Custom Tube.

Here you can see the lighting effect

This is the assembled Photon Tube without the Inner LED installed.


Finally, here are some pictures I took working on the mounting. The base is from my Moebius Models Viper MKVII Build which also used a 3.5mm Audio Jack to connect the Base to the Model. The one I am using here, is a four terminal variety so I can send power, plus two button signals up into the mode. One to control the Photon Torpedo Sequence and the other to activate Display Mode.

Comments

Popular Posts