1/350 Klingon K'tinga Update

Its been a while since I updated progress on the 1/350 K'tinga. Getting sidetracked in this Hobby is always a risk, but some of the delay was related to the electronics. 

I've made a V1 Design of the PCB and had it printed by JLCPCB. Once I got the PCB's back, I assembled one as a test bed to make sure everything worked out ok. No issues, although I have decided to mount the Sound Board with the Arduino vs having them separate. 








The next hurdle I have been working on is getting a decent set of colors to paint the model. The Studio Model itself has a complicated history as the production of the first Star Trek movie was a bit of a mess. The K'tinga originated from the Phase II TV Series which eventually morphed into Star Trek the Motion Picture. The Model was not overly detailed and went through many changes both in detail and paint. This all makes painting it difficult compared to something like the U.S.S Enterprise from the same movie, there is plenty of good detailed reference material for the Enterprise. Also challenging is that the Box Art and Paint guide from Round 2 has really bizarre paint call outs which has resulted in numerous builds that I see online that make the ship look like a toy. The Colors are just too contrasting. 

Here are some tests that I have done, the color on the right side is 1975 Weyerhauser Green. On the left are varying mixes of Tamiya Paint. I haven't found a good match yet, my next try is Vallejo as they have a bit more variety in colors. My ultimate goal is to not have the paint 






Finally, a few different parts I have been working on 

Impulse Deck with Paragrafix Photo Etch Parts. 






Re-Enforced the LED Position. 







Shuttle Bay /Engineering Deck



Comments

Popular Posts