Back to Modeling

Someone sent me a you tube link to the new Space Cruiser Yamato teaser trailer last week. Watching this sparked an urge to break into some models again after my mishaps with the AMT Enterprise. Nothing worse than getting so close to the decal stage and a seem breaks on your pylon.

In any case I decided to pull out one of the Bandai Yamato Space Battle carrier Models that I have and see what fun I can have. For those not in the know here is the KIT I am refering too. Not an overly complicated build from a perspective of # of pieces or paint scheme but these kits are not the model of engineering that comes out of the Japanese Market today. If you really want to make a nice build you have to do a fair bit of kit bashing to get results along with some thought in how you go about construction.

For this build I am not going to light it but focus more on fixing some of the shortcomings:
  • Main Guns are hokey
  • Laser Turrets have out of scale barrels
  • poor alignment of the hull
  • add some detail to the hangar bay

I'm sure I will think of more but this should start me off on the right foot.

More to come.. JM

Comments

Popular Posts