Photon Torpedo's? Won't be Installed until Tuesday!

Progress Continues on the Round2 1/350 Klingon K'Tinga. First Up is the bulb/Lowe Command Section Lighting. The Lighting Kit that Round 2 sells uses two straw hat LEDs in this section to handle most of the load and I think also the two mounted in the cobra head assist. It does work but you don't get even lighting. I've created a light box that fits into the bulb section and attaches to the upper bulkhead and uses a cool white LED Strip that wraps around the central "Light Box" to evenly light the Bulb windows. The interior of the bulb was also masked in appropriate spots so that when I glue this section up I get good bite.
Next up is the Photon Torpedo Tube lighting and sfx. I've had the Arduino Program mostly completed for a long while now, I just needed to solder up the nine 1.8mm LEDs and get them glued into the tube without burning myself and or the house down. If you watch the Original Movie, most of the colors are washed out which makes determining actual colors a bit troublesome. The scene where the last K'tinga is trying to run and firing aft torpedo's at the V'ger Super Weapons you can clearly tell the Impulse Engines are Red, and the Torpedo's are more orange. To simulate this I went with Warm White LEDs and then coated Milk Carton Plex/Plastic with Several Layers of Tamiya Red and a final pass of Tamiya Smoke.


Comments

Popular Posts